Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thai Music Video - 4-Mod

Song Title: hai jai pen tur
Group Name: 4-Mod


This is what I would call "Cute Pop". It was one of the most popular songs in Thailand back in 2004. There was no escape from the very catchy chorus of this song "Hai jai kao kuh hur tur. Hai jai auk kuh hur tur. Pen arai maak mai loy bap nee?..." It was everyone's ring tone. It was on all the cutesy commercials on TV. It was all over the radio. It was everywhere, and it was incredibly catchy!!

Personally, I don't think the girls have much real singing talent. What they have is incredible cuteness, and really good producers and writers.

I'll be posting more music from Thailand from other groups as I find them. Come back again if you want to listen. :-)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

That is SOOOOOOOOO late 80's! What the hell does it mean?

3:49 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Basically, that catchy chorus is saying I'll give you what you need, what do you need a lot of to be like this?

Meaning, the girl is saying I'll be the air that you breath, the sun that you feel, whatever you need if you'll let me.

You're right it's very 80's, but keep in mind you're thinking from an American POV. Thai pop culture is much more cutesy than ours.

12:27 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

Very cute, yeah. Did they use it for a breath mint commercial? I mean, 'cuz of the way she keeps breathin' alllll over those people?!

3:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home