Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Kids, Friends, and High Hopes...

Well, the kiddies are back home and doing well.

Marisa (4 years) is on summer break from school... yes it is summer in Thailand now. April is their hottest month - which goes a long way to explaining why we are getting the hell out of Thailand in April. She has a new best friend who lives next door. Her name is Nun (sounds like Nün not Nuhn). Nün is 6 years old but they have a great time. She's more a sporty girl than Marisa but then Marisa is only 4.

Nicholas (11 months) is out of the hospital (thank GOD!) and doing well. Thanks to all for the well wishes and good vibes!!! Amazing how quickly kids bounce back after being sick. Wish I could do that!

Weirdest thing happened this morning. I got to the office, plugged in my laptop which had been locked in my desk overnight, turned it on and WHOA! A horde of ants were all over it. Thailand has an ant problem because almost all construction is concrete. Concrete being porous (sp?) they live inside it... but inside my PC??? That's a first. It's kinda freakin me out when I'm typing and this little thing comes running across the screen or keys. And every time I fell a little tingle somewhere I gotta check if there's an ant crawling up my arm or something... AAARRRGH! Very annoying!

I think I've killed all of them now... rarrrgh, rrrrahhh, eeeeyaaaahhhh!

And for all of you "Preserve all life" types out there... these things bite so it's all self defence! And just so you don't think I'm some kind of anti-ant sadist here's one for them...

HIGH HOPES
By: Frank Sinatra
Next time your found, with your chin on the ground
There a lot to be learned, so look around

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he’ll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant, can’t
Move a rubber tree plant

But he’s got high hopes, he’s got high hopes
He’s got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your gettin’ low’stead of lettin’ go
Just remember that ant
Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

When troubles call, and your back’s to the wall
There a lot to be learned, that wall could fall

Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he’d punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram, scram
He kept buttin’ that dam

’cause he had high hopes, he had high hopes
He had high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your feelin’ bad’stead of feelin’ sad
Just remember that ram
Oops there goes a billion kilowatt dam

All problems just a toy balloon
They’ll be bursted soon
They’re just bound to go pop
Oops there goes another problem kerplop

4 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

Glad the kiddos are on the mend! Can't wait to see you guys next month!

7:33 PM

 
Blogger Samantha Alice said...

Now I itch all over - crush all the ants you want for me.

8:03 PM

 
Blogger thehipster said...

I would sit thinking they were all over the place. I know in South America they actually had a problem with ants eating the insides of their computers. They apparently liked the internal components.

8:57 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Hipster: Now that's not what I wanted to hear.

I think I've gotten them all now finally!!! Yarrgh! [squash] [squish] where's my magnifying glass and a hot sun when I need it?

By the way, My word verification: Wodnurp - the sound you make when you burp and fart at the same time.

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home