Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Rotten couple weeks

Yes Kelly has it right... I am a sporadic blogger. I get in moods where I think of lots of things I want to say, and other times I'll go for days without.

Recently though - since you didn't ask - I've been dealing with parenthood. Daughter got food poisoning - in hospital 3 days. Then I had a ton of visitors in town from Detroit (work stuff) so that was a week and a half gone. Then my son got sick, nothing major and he was over it in a couple days. Now though he's got something called Rosealla? Roseola? Rosie Greer? Something like that. Comes with fever, sore throat, red blotchy bumps all over the body. He's been in the hospital for 2 days and may be there for at least 1 more. Luckily, hospital care in Thailand is very cheap and very good. A night in the hospital here will cost you less than a night at Holiday in back in the USA. ...and that's with a private room!

On the other hand though, last night my daughter had a school event. She was SOOOOOO cute up on stage dancing with all the other kids from her kindergarten class!!!!!!!
I've got to transfer the vid to my computer so I can share the pictures! Will do that this next week!

So, I haven't been avoiding you all, I've just been a little busy with life.

Still set to be in H'ville, AL second week of April!!! Yeehaw! Hope you all can make it! I'll make sure Kelly and JY have my contact info so we can coordinate sumthin'.

C'ya.

8 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy! Hope everyone is well soon for traveling!

1:25 AM

 
Blogger thehipster said...

I'm glad your daughter feels better and I hope your son is better very soon. Roseola is no fun. It's pretty common around here though.

I can't wait to see you guys in April. I'm looking forward to meeting your family.

6:21 AM

 
Blogger Samantha Alice said...

Best wishes for health all round...

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Siren said...

Sorry your kiddies have been sick. Better now than when they are bigger, though. Little ones are resilient!

I can't get to H'ville before the 13th. Will y'all still be around or will I be too late?

7:38 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

13th we'll be there!!! We'll be staying at my father's from 9 to 15 April. :-)

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Siren said...

WOOT! I'll book a flight! :)

7:08 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

AWESOME!!! Man, I'm SO there!

CW, hope the kiddos are all well soon. Hugs!

1:39 AM

 
Blogger Pam said...

Sorry to hear you have been having a bad couple of weeks..hugs and glad to see that everything is back to right in your world!!!!

10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home