Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm So Confused...

Okay, after that last blog (all of 5 minutes ago). I got to thinkin'. I find the music industry somewhat confusing as a life-influencer. As an impressionable teenager I was told variously to...

1. Hold on Tight by ELO
2. Hold on Loosely by 38 Special
3. If You Love Somebody Set Them Free by Sting
4. to Don't Dream it's Over by Crowded House
5. To be Footloose by Kenny Loggins
6. and Dance Goddammit by Sparks
7. to be Nasty with Janet Jackson
8. but also Lets Wait a While by Janet Jackson
9. and that Love Will Never do Without You by Janet Jackson
(I think she needs medical attention)
10. But Tina Turner asked me What's Love Got To Do With It?
11. because, according to Bryan Adams it Cuts Like a Knife
12. But John Mellancamp thinks it Hurts So Good
13. and Pat Benatar thinks Love is a Battlefield
14. and Quaterflash thought it better to Harden My Heart
15. but Howard Jones Don't Want to Fight No More
16. And while David Lee Roth thought it was Just Like Living in Paradise
17. Yes was an Owner of A Lonely Heart
18. Billy Ocean wanted to be your Loverboy
19. and Tina Marie wanted to be you Lovergirl
20. Chaka Khan could Feel For You
21. REO Speedwagon Can't Fight this Feeling Anymore
22. and The Smiths said Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
23. Even though Motley Crue thought we were Too Young to Fall in Love
24. and Styx thought you were Fooling Yourself
25. because according to Asia it was just the Heat of the Moment
26. Loverboy said we were all Working for the Weekend
27. Duran Duran thought we should Say a Little Prayer
28. The Outfield said I was a Stranger in My Own Town
29. Rat thought we were just going Round and Round
30. while Cheap Trick was telling us we were Caught in a Trap
31. Swingout Sister thought we should Breakout
32. and somehow Journey knew we were going to go our Separate Ways

So is it any wonder we've turned out the way we have?

2 Comments:

Blogger KellyKline said...

Very cute! So ... are you just sittin' around at work doing this stuff, trying to look like you're working on a very important project?! Heheh ... just kidding!

7:20 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Well, actually the day I wrote that... yeah. I was! :-)

But I was writing it in MS Word so it looked like I was doing something important.

9:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home