Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Friday, January 20, 2006

UNBELIEVABLE!

Well, seems my posting of pictures for posterity has been rewarded by some pretty interesting commentary. No offence to any of you, but I have to say Siren has the most interesting of the comments, and a pretty scary ability to remember things so far back, and with such frightening accuracy, that I don't know whether to be greatly impressed or horribly frightened! :-)

She actually remembers MY first kiss better than I do and she was the facilitator, not a participant! Man! What's up with that? That's so completely not fair! Where is Beth Lechner these days anyway? I think I could do it better now. ;-)

And then there were the other two ladies of my Chaffee Elementary days... Anne Sour (I'm probably not spelling her name right), and Shannon O'Meara. What I recall is that Anne's family moved to Greece in 2nd grade (really bummed me out), and Shannon? I lost track of her during high school, anybody know how she's doing these days? There were others, but those are the two that left the biggest impact on me. If anyone can have an impact on you in grade school that is.

10 Comments:

Blogger KellyKline said...

My first "real" kiss was from a boy named Punch. I was in 6th grade and never knew touching someone else's tongue with my own could be so much fun. Wet, warm, kinda gross, but fun none-the-less.

By the time I met all of you guys, I was waaaaaay over the kinda gross part!

3:05 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Really? I had no idea. ;-)

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Siren said...

Yeah, but I bet Beth remembers that kiss really, really well. She had been planning it for a while. ;-) Of all the kids we went to Chaffee with, I miss being in touch with Beth the most. Well, Beth and Gray Killough.

Gray was my first "real" kiss. I had a crush on him from the Fifth Grade till I was in college, and we dated off and on. Hell - I think our moms hoped we'd get married someday. Remember his mom freaking out at Gray & Teresa'a wedding? Whoo boy!

9:30 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

I think your mom's hoped so also. Gray and Teresa. I still have an issue with that, but I hope their happy! Gray was a good friend for many years... right up until I started dating his sister. :-O

9:55 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

Hey! I didn't know you dated Gray's sister! Ewwww!

11:31 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Hey I waited until she finished college! Just because you farted in Mrs. Killough's car when Katie was in it doesn't mean she was still tainted or anything! ;-)

Besides, she was damn pretty! :-p

1:14 AM

 
Blogger Biscuit said...

Okay, what's the deal with Gray and Teresa? I feel out of the loop here!

4:57 AM

 
Blogger Siren said...

Sorry - I'm with Kelly - Ewww! But then again, I'm still picturing her as a 10 year old. I'm sure she was a stunner - she was a cute kid!

5:35 AM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

No, no, no, you've got it allllll wrong. I didn't fart in their car, I farted in my mom and dad's car! My big bro and Gray were on the debate team together and had a tournament in B'ham, so I had to go. Ugh. Anyway, Kevin and Gray rode in the backseat while I laid in the very back of the hatchback and farted NOXIOUS FUMES the entire ride, pretending I was asleep. That was an old ploy of mine. I got to share my stench *and* hear everybody's comments without getting in trouble 'cuz they thought I was doing it in my sleep.
So there.

7:19 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Kelly & Siren: Okay so I got the "fart in the car" thing wrong, but which is worse: Farting in the car when other people are there and know it's you, or dating a friends sister? Hmmm? I think I'll take what's behind curtain number 2 as the better choice.

JY: Gray and Teresa... topic for offline. You never know who's lurking.

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home