Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Kisstory


(LOOKY LOOKY! I finally got a freakin' picture to load!!!)

Well, I have lots to say but I'm too damn tired to type it all. Instead I'll simply leave you with a song. This one reminds me of a particularly memorable night, at a friends house, with a certain someone, with the lights off, the night before Mike Seay and I headed down to Gulf Shores for a pretty fucking fun week of drunken debauchery, and just happens to be from one of my favorite groups (before they took off the makeup!)

Something most of you don't know about me... I was a HUGE KISS head in HS. Mike Seay and I went to every concert we could. Somehow I got permission to go to Nashville, Atlanta, and B'ham to see them. Saw their final concert in Makeup 3 times with Mike one month in their final makeup laden tour "Creatures of the Night"! We painted our faces and all that crazy teenage weirdness. Had to get my mother to help with the lipstick though (I was Paul Stanley "Star Child"). Mom said she'd never heard of anyone taking 15 minutes to put on lipstick (I really just didn't get it) and finally did it for me. Well hey dammit Mom! I'm straight. How many straight high school boys did you know who new how to put on lipstick? Wait. Don't answer that. I don't want to know.

I even have a picture on my wall here at home from a halloween party in High School where I painted my face (again) and I'm dancing with Kelly. My wife likes the picture too. She's amazed I did things like that (and that two people so vastly different in height could date for the better part of 3 years! I think I need to scan that one and post it here!!! Mike pace was there, Neal I think you were there, Gray Killough was there, Mike Seay was there, and Kelly and I were obviously there.

Hmmm... seems I had some energy to write after all. :-)

So, without further adieu, I give you my...

LOVE GUN

I really love you baby
I love what you’ve got
Let’s get together, we can
Get hot
No more tomorrow, baby
Time is today
Girl, I can make you feel
Okay

No place for hidin’ baby
No place to run
You pull the trigger of my
Love gun, (love gun), love gun
Love gun, (love gun), love gun

You can’t forget me baby
Don’t try to lie
You’ll never leave me, mama
So don’t try
I’ll be a gambler, baby
Lay down the bet
We get together, mama
You’ll sweat

No place for hidin’ baby
No place to run
You pull the trigger of my
Love gun, (love gun), love gun
Love gun, (love gun), love gun
Love gun, love gun

Love gun, (love gun), love gun
Love gun, (love gun)
Love gun, (love gun), love gun
Love gun, (love gun), love gun
Love gun, (love gun)
Love gun, (love gun)
Love gun, (love gun)
Love gun, (love)

9 Comments:

Blogger KellyKline said...

Great post! And I remember all of that! You definitely need to scan that pic and put it up here. Wasn't that night Mikey bit me HARD on the ass?!

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Biscuit said...

You're a KISS fan? How did I not know this? I can't believe it. What other secrets are you hiding?

10:54 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

HUGE KISS fan! You never knew?! Wow! I'll never forget - black KISS t-shirt w/ long johns underneath, tucked into tight black parachute pants! Add to that the KISS make-up ...
that was a funnnnnnn party!

1:10 AM

 
Blogger thehipster said...

Okay, after Kelly described it I think it's coming back to me now. I didn't remember you being a KISS fan but that picture sounds familiar.

6:26 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Kelly:Ass-bite... yes! Parachute pants... ugh! Whoever invented those should be shot. I'll get it scanned and posted next week. You were doing the sorta Sheena Easton 80's pop look that night.

JY: KISS ROCKS! They write good simple lyrics you can understand. They can REALLY sing, and you can understand every word when they do, and it had a good beat. Other secrets? me? I'll never tell! At least not without lots of alcohol!

HipChick: You were there too! I remember! And nobody ever thinks of me as a metal dude, or wildboy, or any of that stuff. I look too straight-and-narrow. Parents always loved me. Actually had a girlfriend in HS whose parents were still inviting me over to dinner after we broke up. Used to really piss her off. (and no it wasn't Kelly. it was pre-Kelly)

8:20 AM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

Hey! I happened to *like* parachute pants! I even remember the gray pair *you* bought me! As for the 80s Sheena Easton hair ... wasn't that my norm?

9:54 PM

 
Blogger cmhl said...

I think my favorite is probably "I was made for loving you baby"... or "I wanna rock & roll all night..

9:31 PM

 
Blogger thehipster said...

You were the only guy I went out with in HS that my parents liked. My family still talks about my Dad doing his normal grunt Hello and you walked into the kitchen and sat down and just started talking to him. So I'm not surprised that someone's parents were still inviting you over for dinner.

4:36 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Cheryl: You know I remember that time sitting with your father. He even offered me cake! I thought your Dad was pretty cool 'cause he talked to me like a regular guy, not just some kid dating his daughter. Sitting and talking to him just seemed like the right thing to do at the time, always a good idea to make a good impression with the parents. I can't believe they still remember that though. That's so cool! :-) Suddenly I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Hope your folks are doing okay. Tell your Dad thanks for the cake! :-D

9:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home