Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Killing time

Hey, I saw this on Leesa's blog http://mtpeaceofmind.blogspot.com/ it's a good time killer. Somehow I managed to knock that little penguin feller a whopping 323.4!!! YeeHaw!

I'm off to Nowheresville on Saturday for a week where I'll have no phone, no internet, no cable TV, no foreign (non-Thai) food, and likely no fun. Basically, I'm going to spend time with... dum dum dumdum... THE IN-LAWS!!! They are all really nice, really good people but I don't understand ANYTHING they say. They speak a dialect of Thai that I simply don't recognize. It sounds nothing like central Thai (what my wife, daughter, and I speak). So, I'm going to do my annual "Meet the Fockers" type trip and be the only non-Thai for a 50 mile radius again. Wish me luck... please!!!

And for all my friends back in the world...

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

OK, I think you win the prize for most uncomfortable in-law trip. Sorry! TAke a lot of books :) Maybe with so many relatives around to help with the kids, you'll actually get some time to read!

6:04 PM

 
Blogger thehipster said...

that's a good idea read alot. And smile and nod whenever anyone talks. I'm sure you've had lots of practice with this.

My brother-in-law's wife is Korean her parnets recently came for a two week trip. He couldn't talk to them either. It was the first time he had met them and he was terrified, but it went well.

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Siren said...

My mother-in-law thinks of me as a good friend as well as her daughter-in-law, so she shares waaaaaaaaay too much intimate detail with me. Like what kind of lingerie my father-in-law likes and what he thought of her losing alllll her hair during chemo... [shudder].

So count your blessings. Sometimes I wish I didn't understand my inlaws.

3:03 AM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

Yeah, *my* inlaws wanted to know if they could have hang-from-the-kids-bunkbeds-monkey-sex.
Ew!

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home