Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Outside Looking Inside

This blog entry is courtesy of Siren who wants to know all our deep dark secrets. I couldn't post answers as a reply on her blog since the system was having spasms of some technical sort. So, I'll post it here in the hopes others will also post it on their blogs. I'm not going to start tagging people, you'll all just have to volunteer.

Siren asks:
1. What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
Honey Nut Cheerios

2. What do you consider to be "comfort food" and why?
Banana & Peanut Butter sandwiches – Don’t know. I just love bananas.
Mom’s Pot Roast – I remember coming home from school and smelling the pot roast cooking in the Crock Pot. Mom made a pot roast that would simply melt in your mouth. I’m salivating just thinking about it.
Mom’s Meat Loaf – I grew up eating it. It was yummy. Just makes me think about home and simpler times.
And to me, Chicken Soup is like medicine! It’s what I want when I don’t feel well. And a half pack of saltine crackers to go with it.

3. How do you think people saw you in high school?
Tall, thin, somewhat geeky, and never fitting in 100% with any one circle of friends. When I had a party it was a very eclectic collection of friends who otherwise never really associated with each other. Not because they didn’t like each other, just because they had different interests. Mike Pace was one of my best friends all through HS. If it had been a category we’d probably have been voted Least Likely to Hang-out Together. He of the muscular swimmer build, blond hair, blue eyes, and Billy Idol hair-do, and me, the slightly geekish, short-haired, straight-n-narrow appearing ROTC.

4. How do you think people see you now?
Tall, un-thin, principled, logical, funny, creative, trustworthy, honest, reliable, and occasionally naughty.

5. Why did it change/not change?
Because it matters less when you get older what you look like, than what you can do, and how you conduct yourself while doing it. All my friends these days (in Asia) are professional friends. So, we see each other 99% in a work environment, it does change the way you percieve people. I've worked with people I really liked outside of work but that I thought were professionally worthless, and I've had friends I wouldn't want to work with but hung out with daily. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

6. At what age did you realize that you in fact did know what you were doing sexually and weren't just fumbling around down there? (Much more interesting than when you lost your virginity, in my opinion.)
Around 22 or 23 I think, but does anyone know 100%? I don’t think so. Everybody’s different, and it takes time, experience, and feedback to figure out what pleases each person. I think I always got the most satisfaction from discovering a button that no one had ever pushed for someone before. In the Orient, that’s a lot of women. Being in a male dominated culture, it seems most women just are used to being treated as nothing more than a convenient hole in a mattress and seem to react… um… pleasantly surprised when they discover a guy who’s focus is to… er… please them shall we say.

7. Briefly describe your most memorable sexual encounter? (No need for Letters to Penthouse - just tell me what's so memorable about it.)
Um… wow. How do you answer that one? They’re all memorable, and no that’s not a cop-out. But as far as memorable for being outside the norm?
1) Meeting two girls at the drive through of McDonalds and then spending two or so hours in the back of their suburban in the parking lot comes to mind.
2) Having a bunch of girls who worked at a friend of mines bar throw me a birthday party – there were about 10 of them and I was the only guy present. It was a surprise party, and clothing was reduced to an occasional towel. It was memorable, and it’s a long story about why they would do that – go back up and read number 6 again. (These were both obviously in my single days).
3) And then anytime with my wife. No one makes me feel inside the way she does, even after 6 years of marriage – of course no one aggravates me quite as much either, but it balances out.

8. Did you plan to have all your children or were there any "accidents"? If you don't have kids, why not?
They were both planned, and two’s enough for us.

9. Hypothetically at least, could you ever adopt a child?
Yes. Without a doubt. Another child, but without the complications, and difficulties Sunisa has had during pregnancy would be great!

10. Do you read strangers' blogs? If so, why?
Yes. Because it’s interesting to see what is important to other people, and possibly connect with them.

9 Comments:

Blogger Siren said...

Cool answers! You're right - you are MUCH naughtier than I thought you were in H.S. And I like it! ;-)

8:15 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Yep. Looks are deceiving. :-)

10:47 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

He was very very naughty in high school.

Yeah, next time you see him, you should ask him about that time he was "parkin'" in the Grissom parking lot, about 2:00 in the morning, when the cops showed up ...

Just sayin'.

5:00 AM

 
Blogger Samantha Alice said...

Wow, I thought Asian men were taught to please women, as it was more likely a woman would conceive if she orgasmed. Also, the Chinese came out with a detailed sex manual hundreds of years before the Kama Sutra. Ancient Chinese and Indians believed that sexual fulfillment was part of spiritual enlightenment. See, I'm learning so much in class. Why are they forgetting it all over there?

6:35 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

KELLY!!! Crap. There goes my hard won image!

Sam: Yeah, but they've regressed. Also, if you've ever spent any time in places like Japan, Korea, China, all your preconceived notions would vanish. I think I need to blog in this topic. Gimme a day to put it together. This'll be an eye opener.

7:45 AM

 
Blogger Siren said...

Oh, Lord - I just read your post to my husband and he's started pricing airline tickets to Asia. Thanks, Chris - If he ever goes over there I may never get him back.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

HA! Tell him my guest room is available! Or I have a friend that owns a "no tell motel". I say again, "HA!"

3:12 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

Where the hell are you?!

10:45 AM

 
Blogger Zebraman said...

Chris, you are such a bad boy! I've heard that a guy -can- get 10 chicks together in Thailand in nothing but towels for a pretty good price compared to US rates. Heehee!

-Kevin

2:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home