Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Shameless Plug!

I love the Internet! I love Broadband! I love MP3's!

A few years ago I had discovered the joys of MusicMatch.com. Recently, now that I've finally got Broadband at my home in Thailand (had to wait two years for it), I'm spending way too much time and money on MusicMatch. But you know what? Who cares. It's one of the joys of being an adult. I can blow my money on whatever I want now.

I'm sort of in the process of replacing all those lost and forgotten records, and cassettes from all those years ago. And the greatest thing about sites like MusicMatch? You can download individual songs rather than having to buy whole albums to get the ONE SONG YOU WANT! Then you can burn them onto your own CD's in any mix you want, and they're only $0.99 per song. Hard to beat that.

So, I've just spent the whole morning downloading odds-n-ends like:
Fantasy - Aldo Nova
Turn Me Loose - Loverboy
Dream Weaver - Gary Wright
Some Like It Hot - Power Station
Infatuation - Rod Stewart
Any Way You Want It - Journey
Black Water - Doobie Brothers
White Room - Cream
Round and Round - RATT
Refugee - Tom Petty
Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi
Give a Little Bit - SuperTramp
Speak to Me - Pink Floyd

...and a bunch of others. Did I mention I love the internet?

They even have stuff I enjoy from waaaaaaayyyy back like:

Sunny Side of the Street - Dean Martin
Accentuate the Positive - Andrews Sisters
Crazy - Patsy Cline
String Of Pearls - Glenn Miller
Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra
Rhapsody in Blue - George Gershwin

Did I mention I love the internet??

4 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

Preaching to the choir here, babe! I subscribe so I can have on demand. See, then it feels like it's free :)

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Pam said...

Dang! You have really good taste in music!!! Rock on with your bad self!!!

10:53 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

I'm gonna have to check that out. Never heard of it, but I'm a tad internet illiterate. I'm workin' on it, though!
BTW, there was no KISS on that list!

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Hmmm... Kiss on my list... Hall & Oats... yep downloaded that one too.

Besides I already have ALL of Kiss's albums on CD!!!! ;-)

11:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home