Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sharing...

Thought I'd share with all of you one of my all time favorite web resources... The Wikipedia.

Do any of you know of this site? http://en.wikipedia.org It's an online Encyclopedic reference.

"Wikipedia is a multilingual Web-based free-content encyclopedia. It is written collaboratively by volunteers with wiki software, which allows articles to be added or changed by nearly anyone. The project began on January 15, 2001 as a complement to the expert-written Nupedia, and is now operated by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. The English-language version of Wikipedia currently has more than 800,000 articles. Wikipedia has steadily risen in popularity,[1] and has spawned several sister projects, such as Wiktionary, Wikibooks, and Wikinews."

Truly outstanding. You can find some truly obscure, difficult to locate references in there with bibliography on other sources as well. Try it.

As an example I've always been interested in Angelic mythology. Try looking up "Hierarchy of angels" in your local library... doubt you'll find anything. Wikipedia on the other hand has excellent info, and references to other sources.

It's one of my favorite sites to surf randomly when I need brain stimulation.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

I'm going to have to check it out. I'm definately in need of brain stimulation. In fact, mine seems to need to be rebuilt from scratch.

12:06 AM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

I think my brain needs to be defragged.
I looked up Bangladesh on Wikipedia yesterday. Thanks for pointing the way ...

10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home