Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'll see your "Opening Sequence" and raise you one Google Search!

Ok. I'm 39. I admit I'm middle-aged... but I am not senile, nor do I have alzheimers. I remember.

So, my friend Raleigh - whom I haven't seen in about 5 years or so has thrown down the gauntlet and challenged me on my walk down memory lane. Thus I present the following:

http://www.toontracker.com/waittil/waittil.htm

"Wait 'til Your Father Gets Home" was indeed an animated series. A cartoon.

car·toon Pronunciation: kär-'tün
Function: noun Usage: often attributiveEtymology: Italian cartone pasteboard, cartoon, augmentative of carta leaf of paper
1 : a preparatory design, drawing, or painting (as for a fresco)
2 : a drawing intended as satire, caricature, or humor

Raleigh, you may be remembering it as the introductory segment of "
Love American Style" before it got its own time slot. Similar to our beloved Simpsons and the Tracy Ulman show.

But hey... it's great to hear from you!!! For those of you who don't know, Raleigh is the one who really got me into computers back in 1989. Hard to believe that was 17 years ago!

2 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

Did we play pinochle with him?

I remember Love, American Style, but not the other show. Do you remember the episode with a VERY young Harrison Ford?

1:21 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

JY: Yes! That's right we did play pinochle with Raleigh and Dana! Good job remembering. :-)

9:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home