Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Friday, March 24, 2006

How y'all doin'?



Your Linguistic Profile:



55% General American English

30% Dixie

10% Yankee

5% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern


10% Yankee??? 10%??? What the hell's up with that??! I have NEVER lived north of the Mason-Dixon line except for 3 months of US Army Basic Training and my drill instructor was Puerto Rican! So ya'll can kiss my lily-white. Yankee.... sheesh! It's bad enough outside the USA everyone calls us Yanks!

5% Upper Midwest. Yeah? Okay. No issue. Ya'll'r alright I reckon.

Now I'm no retro "Johnny Reb" wanna-be. I'm no Confederate "The South will rise again" redneck in a beaten up old red pickup, I firmly believe the USA should be one nation united and not split in two because some greedy, biggoted farmers want to keep their in-house brothels and cheap labor, but I am most decidedly NOT a Yankee.

I lived for 18 years around Washington DC. I've lived all over the USA from eastern to western coast, but no matter where I've been, I've always been proud to be Southern. The license on my car when I lived in the USA said "SUTHNUH". I may not speak the way you yanks think a southern boy should, but Southern is who I am.

(This posting idea stolen from Hipster, who stole it from Steve, who stole it from... well you get the idea)

1 Comments:

Blogger KellyKline said...

I just HAVE to point out that DC is SO DARN CLOSE to the Mason-Dixon line that you may as well have been livin' up in Yankee-land.
There, I said it. I just can't believe that DC is considered part of "The South" ...

My w.v. is "ywraw" ... as in, "All thet horseback ridin' made me purty darn raw tiday ... ywraw too?"

4:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home