Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Eclectricitousness

Okay, so don't yell at me too loudly for changing the music to pop-dance crap. I'm in a dance mood and I have very eclectic taste in music. I go through phases. Sometimes I live in the '80's, sometimes I immerse myself in techno and electronica (great for waking up in the morning); occasionally I hit a dark patch and switch to more metal sounds like Linkin Park, SoundGarden, AudioSlave, or similar; sometimes I prefer the sort of ethereal sounds of an Evanescence, Eta James, or Sarah McLachlan; other times I go all "golden age" and whip out the Dean Martin, Andrews Sisters, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Doris Day... all insanely cheerful, rose-colored glasses kind of music. Mozart will always be my all-time favorite composer, but I love Wagner, Rachmaninoff, and so many of the classics.

So there's no way to effectively sort my CD's. If I go by genre then sometimes their will only be one or two in a category. If I sort by artist name alphabetically that works okay, but then I'll wind up with the Amadeus soundtrack next to AC/DC, and the Motels next to Mozart, or (God Forbid) Destiny's Child (Bootiliscious) next to Doris Day (Que Sera Sera).... some artists just shouldn't share the same space... it's almost sacrilegious.

Anyway, if you don't like the music playing... just push "Stop". :-p

3 Comments:

Blogger Siren said...

Have you ever heard Pink Martini's version of Que Sera? They really get the creepy side of that song. Worth a listen.

I have no room to criticise: My iPod plays The Pussy Cat Dolls after Miles Davis after Tom Petty after The Ramones.

4:12 AM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

When we were young, you made me several music montages on cassette. They were all very eclectic and wonderful.

I wish I still had them.

6:25 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Siren: I will definitely be checking that one out. PussyCat Dolls eh? Sounds like GoG music to me. :-)

KK: "When we were young"? We're not OLD yet! And yes I remember those. Ah, the much maligned "mix" tapes. I think they made fun of mix tapes on Friends, and Malcom in the Middle. But music is so good at expressing things when we don't have the words.

2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home