Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Amazing Thailand

Thank you to everyone! The comments and well-wishes are very much appreciated.

Thailand seems to be settling into the situation. There are discussions going on with a Thai gentleman who is the current head of the Bank of Thailand to take over the reigns as Prime Minister. General Sonthi has stated he will continue in his position as the head of the military reformer group for only two weeks as things are sorted out. My office will be open tomorrow so I'll head back to work. It's been a very calm day and everyone has handled it well. None of the social disruption you expect to see in this sort of situation.

The Thai people are amazingly resilient and should be commended for their ability to manage this episode with such calm and equinimity.

I'll keep you posted on events, but if you are interested you should also check www.nationmultimedia.com or www.bangkokpost.com for up-to-the-minute news.

Thanks again everyone!

Always,
Suthnuh

9 Comments:

Blogger Memphis said...

I only just heard of this yesterday. I'm glad things are going OK for you and the place hasn't turned into a war zone. If it does, though, you need to come home. We'll make room.

10:27 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Thanks buddy. I do appreciate that!
(but I'm not coming over there until you put the toilet back in the bathroom!) ;-)

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Samantha Alice said...

Thanks again for keeping us updated as to your safety. I wonder what kind of support the former PM is getting from America.

Maybe I should spend more time reading about current events and less time about Boobies...

Or not. The only reason I care is I want you to be able to get a good price for your house so you can come home...

11:25 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

Thanks Sam. Apparently the PM is now in London. Speculation is he will seek asylum there.

I'm pretty sure recent events have completely killed real estate sales until at least a few months of calm have passed. We'll see.

And personally I'd much rather be reading about boobies!!!

10:43 AM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

Yeah ... this sounds like a good reason to get the heck outta Thailand!

6:33 PM

 
Blogger Biscuit said...

Glad you're safe. Bummed this might delay your ability to get back home.

I think I'll go look at some boobies to cheer me up.

8:41 PM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

That's not fair! how'cum everyone gets to go look at boobies except me???

Oh, wait, I live in Thailand... nevermind. ;-)

9:45 PM

 
Blogger KellyKline said...

UPDATE?

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Pam said...

Glad things are better...miss ya!

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home