Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Family Portrait and stuff



I liked the Simpson's Avatar Creator so much, (not to mention that I am as of now incredibly bored) I decided to do an entire family portrait. Did you know that the Simpson's live in Springfield? Did you know that there's a "Springfield in every one of the the contiguous 48 states of the continental US? That's why Groenig picked that name.


By the way I just finished watching the movie "Bridge to Terabithia". Damn! It was a tear-jerker. My daughter (who cried when Dumbo's mother was locked up) was pretty much in pieces. They should warn you of those things on the labels! It's not fair to edit a preview to make something look like a fun romp through fairyland, and then hit you with tragedy when you see the real thing. >:-\ I'm really not happy about it.


I remember as a kid of 5 getting scared when the wicked witch threw the fireball at Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. I remember also, as a kid of maybe 7, getting sick and actually throwing up during the Passover scene of the 10 Commandments. The part when the angel of death was killing all the first-born children in the houses that didn't have the lambs blood on the door (I think it was the fact it was innocent children being killed that did it to me). I remember being unable to sleep and just laying in bed staring at my closet door for hours after seeing Poltergeist. I remember being scared shitless after watching The Omen and The Omen II. Movies based on my personal beliefs are always the scariest. I've never really been scared by the traditional scary movies. Most of them are pretty laughable, and I hate blood and gore just for the sake of grossing people out, it really doesn't cover the fact that the story sucks. However, stuff based on our actual beliefs like that Angel of Death scene? or the whole Damien series of movies... those bug me... a lot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Biscuit said...

The older I get, the more scary movies bother me. I can't stand to see people maliciously hurt. It affects me emotionally in a way that I can't describe.

Guess who's just a tiny millimeter closer to moving back?

12:43 AM

 
Blogger Samantha Alice said...

I don't like gore, but the thing that gets under my skin the most in movies is when the primary conflict is miscommunication. That makes me CRAZY! I end up wanting to spank everybody.. and not in a good way...

5:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home