Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Coolness!

I love maps. I've always loved maps. When I was a kid, one third of my room was covered in STAR WARS posters, another third was covered by Farah Fawcett, the final third was covered by maps. Usually these were the really colorful, informative maps found in National Geographic.

Right now I have a giant map of the world framed and hanging on the wall outside my daughters room. I used to have colored pins stuck in it for all the places I've been lucky enough to visit (yes I even consider myself lucky to have been places like Pakistan and Majuro). I've taken those pins out though, not safe with a 5 and a 2 year old running around. My daughter and I regularly go to the map and we talk about where we live, where grandaddy is, where Nana lives, etc. She's gotten pretty good at it. For some reason she could actually read CANADA before she ever went to school and learned to read. I've always been puzzled by that.

Anyway, now I have yet another cool new map. This one is from www.ClustrMaps.com it's at the bottom of my sidebar. It visually displays where the visitors to your blog are coming from. I just installed it so it's blank for now. I don't get lots of hits, because I'm a fairly sporadic blogger, but it's still a pretty cool gadget goodie for the web.

It's free, you should try it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Siren said...

Heh. If your wife's got a sense of humor like that, she'll fit right in with the Goddesses. W eall ascribe to the, "s/he's married, not dead" school of thought when it comes to our spouses drooling over other women. Of course, we expect the same latitude.

Of course, some of us carry that a but farther, but that is another story.

7:54 AM

 
Blogger Samantha Alice said...

Ha, Siren's thinking the same lines as me. No big surprise there, hunh? I'm on the map, I think - I wish it would tell you exactly where the red dots are located.

Germany's freakin' awesome!

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home