Being a US Citizen living outside the USA I get alot of interesting and sometimes StRAngE questions/comments on the USA from people in other countries. Thought I'd share some of them with you.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

DEAD or ALIVE

Well, I just saw the movie DOA: Dead or Alive. Not going to win any oscars, but in general, if you liked movies like Mortal Combat and TMNT, then you'll love DOA! Plus, it's chock full of cool action scenes with scantily clad drool-worthy hotties like Jaime Pressly and Holly Valance!!!

Jaime Pressly is my new goddess by the way. My apologies to Lucy Liu and Halle Berry, but Jaime (in my book) is a complete, 100%, without a doubt 10. Okay, Okay. So I also still think Lucy and Halle are 10's, but Jaime is my new 10. :-)

Oh and the fact that she was on stage with Paul Stanley just throws all kinds of brownie points in her direction if you ask me!

I was surprised to see Robin Shou in the movie. Man is he looking old in this flick! When was the first Mortal Combat made anyway??? Has it been that long that he's starting to look like an old guy with sunken eyes, and skin stretched thin and taughtly over bony features? Whatever the case, he's an awesome fight choreographer! I was watching the credits to see if he was the one who did the fight planning for DOA, but didn't see a credit for that position for some reason.

DOA in the opening scene with Devon Aoki is a bit wooden in dialog. Actually, there are a lot of scenes where the dialog is overly formal and ridiculously wooden. Nobody actually talks like that. "Princess Kasumi, you must not leave, or you will become shinobi and we must kill you!" So... waaaaaay too formal when it's supposed to be said by someone who's in love with the chick, and the delivery is so wooden you'd think it was a computer.

The fight scenes though, most of the fight scenes were pretty damn cool. Jamie's final DOA fight against the character Zakk, and Devon Aoki's (Princess Kasumi) fight against the HUGE Leon were the best in the movie. Holly Valance's fight at the very start of the movie is good, and very funny when she tells the cop to "Do me up." (meaning her bra). Love the Aussie accent.

So the movie could have been better, but it could have been a lot worse also. My wife says next time (if they make a number 2) she'll bring more tissue to wipe the drool off my chin for me. ;-)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger KellyKline said...

I haven't seen it yet, but you plead a good case for it!

BTW, WHEN are you going to be in the states?

7:49 AM

 
Blogger Suthnuh said...

We arrive 1 August, in the afternoon. I just realized my drivers license has expired about 4 months ago, so first order of business is go retest and get a new one. :-(

Hopefully it's only a written test and not the actual driving test. After driving on the wrong side of the road in Thailand for 3.5 years I'd probably screw the pooch on that.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Samantha Alice said...

Aw, I'm glad you have the kinda wife who will sit with you while you drool over screen hotties. She's got some goddess makings, hunh?

5:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home